Friends and colleagues, I have been remiss in posting highlights for what has been going on for Anvil and want to make amends: so, here are some highlights about how we closed out 2018 and got 2019 off to a roaring start.
- Year over year revenue was nearly 10x for 2018.
- We retained nearly 100% of our clients and grew our team to 6 full time employees.
- Our client list grew to include 8 of the Fortune 40.
- We had a good time and worked with people we liked.
- Gearing up for a big 2019
Welcome to 2019
- Kim Bauer joined as a Partner and is taking over responsibility for our Finance and Operations. Kim is amazing and we are really excited to have her take over the reins of all things back office as we get prepared for continued growth. Kim is making sure that we are all getting our work done. We realized that with our growth and plans, we really needed help with infrastructure and support of all that we are trying to do. Kim was the person with that plan. https://www.linkedin.com/in/kim-bauer-2369b/
- Jason Tyler joined as Senior Director of Operations with responsibility for Operations, Business and Corporate Development. Jason brings a wealth of experience coupled with an exuberance that is rare. He will likely be calling you so be prepared. https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-tyler-56444667/
- Anvil signed the first of, what we hope to be many upcoming,seven figure deals. I attribute this big win to our team for the quality and professionalism of the work provided.
- As of February 1, we are crushing our sales numbers putting our projections close to 5x for year over year sales for 2019.
- Anvil recently converted to a Washington State C Corporation so that we can offer an Employee Stock Incentive Plan to ALL our valued employees.
- We will be opening an EU HQ in Amsterdam and a new Seattle space in 1H calendar 2019.
With all this going on, we are still working to make sure we maintain our spirit and build out support structures to allow us to make these numbers without hurting what it is that we value most.
And if all this sounds cool, we have open headcount and are looking for like-minded security professionals who are interested in getting involved in building an unparalleled, information security consulting practice.
And, we are still relatively cool.
About the Author
Chris Elbring is Managing Partner of Anvil Ventures. Prior to founding Anvil, Elbring worked as CEO and CTO of a startup security software development firm, President of a boutique, regional security consulting firm, an independent technology and security consultant, Director of Software Development of a mobile, biometric firm and most recently as Senior Vice President of Research and Delivery at IOActive, Inc.