Anvil Ventures is a growing information security consultancy.
Check Our Job Openings
Anvil is seeking a Security Engineer to join its team. As a Security Engineer, you will perform tests of customers’ web and mobile applications, networks, and embedded systems. You will also be provided dedicated time for research and development. Anvil was founded in 2017 and is an information security consulting firm providing highly technical engineering and consulting services to firms, both large (Fortune-50) and small (startups). We aim to be extensions of our customers’ security engineering teams and are building a team of like-minded professionals.
- Assist with scoping customer engagements
- Perform penetration tests, solo and in teams consisting other Anvil Security Engineers
- Perform source code audits
- Generate vulnerability reports and deliver them to Anvil customers
- Participate in Anvil’s research program
- At least two years of experience in information security
- Familiarity with penetration testing techniques and methodologies
- Experience with tools such as Burp, Nmap, and Nessus
- Knowledge of Java, Python, and C/C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Anvil embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable interview experience for you, please let us know.
North America in West Coast timezone
We are looking for a Project Coordinator to join our security consulting practice. The project coordinator’s primary role will be to resource and manage the company’s largest clients. The project coordinator will need to be able to work on tight deadlines and self-manage priorities. Must pay attention to detail and be able to see how individual tasks fit into the larger picture. Along with primary tasks there will be time to support the COO and Director of Operations with other tasks in areas such as finance, marketing, account management.
- Schedule meetings and monitor project deliverables
- Assist with resource planning and scheduling
- Ensure projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project
- Submit project deliverables and ensure that they adhere to quality standards
- Facilitate change requests and make sure that all parties are informed of the impacts
- Coordinate the development of user manuals, training materials and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation which may also be used for turnover of the process or system to the clients or others within the organization
- Support tracking of internal and research projects
- Document and track research time performed by engineers
- Proven working experience in project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Ability to handle interrupt-driven tasks and prioritize tasks
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Teams, and Planner
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience in security and service industries is a plus
Anvil Culture & Mission
Anvil was formed by industry veterans. As we have grown, we have maintained a few basic principles: everyone is an owner, be professional, do good work, make whatever we touch more secure. It seems pretty simple, but we believe a professional consultancy that understands the role of security in a modern world and maintains high standards for quality and professionalism is novel for our industry. We work with a lot of large, well known tech firms and some smaller firms with interesting technology challenges. We work from the low level (hardware) through more procedural (software development lifecycle) work.